As the current system of education is disconnected from the needs of society, Sadhbhavana reconstructs the pillars of social and humane learning. For creating a collective impact on society, Sadhbhavana has a special club that fosters emotional intelligence and empathy.
COSS Club enriches education through projects which build social responsibility by contributing towards community. The club designs and implements projects in diverse areas like entrepreneurship, agriculture, research, city navigation, health, relationships, racial equality and environmental conservation.
To know more about the projects, please visit the website www.cossclub.org
Follow us on Facebook
- COSS Club initiated a project under “One”, which aimed to build social responsibility and nurture human values. 88 inmates of Government Children’s Home at Vellimadukkunn had a memorable day at Hi- lite mall with the help of Sadhbhavana staff, students and their parents accompanied by social justice minister Dr M. K. Muneer, District collector Mr N. Prasanth and District Sub-judge Mr R. L. Biju. Each child got to choose their clothing and footwear.
- As part of International Cancer Awareness Day, COSS Club initiated to raise awareness and to express support for children and adolescents with cancer in association with Caring for Childhood Cancer and Chronic Illness (C4CCCI), Medical College Calicut. The event was held at Manachira square. Live music and art performance by students of Sadhbhavana World School was the highlight of the event.
- COSS Club initiated the Smile project with young patients in the Paediatric Oncology Department of Calicut Medical College. The club conducted the first visit to the hospital and after understanding their requirements, decided to contribute the items required for the hospital and also planned to aesthetically arrange the hospital ward. They also had a musical treat with singer Keerthana, singing wonderful melodies for the children.
- A blood donation camp was held at Sadhbhavana World School in association with Govt. W & C Hospital Kottaparamba. 60 participants were present in the event including teachers, parents and staff.
- As part of Backyard Farmer, COSS Club initiated paddy cultivation in campus. All the process including land preparation to harvesting was done by the students itself.
- Honesty shop set up inside the school is a major attraction for students. Students get to pick out a cute and useful stationery item from the shop, which has no shopkeeper or cashier, children can put the money into the money box kept there and take the item home. What better way to promote honestly than this!
- The school carnival is something Sadhbhavana holds every other year to raise money for a charitable cause, provide treatment for a child with a treatable illness.
- COSS Club came up with another project called Sasneham. It is an initiation of Compassionate Kerala in Association with COSS Club. Club has taken up ABBOT GREGORY SCHOOL, Alappuzha with 218 students who have badly affected by Kerala Flood. The school donated rupees 2000 for each student. Each child of SWS was given a particular friend from the Abbot Gregory school and they wrote his/her name in the greeting card along with the name of to his/her corresponding friend in the other school. These cards were gifted for the students on Children’s Day along with the sweets. Also students of SWS started interacting with the students of Abbort Gregory School through telephone calls.